The meeting was attended by 65 Commissioners (evenly split between Teaching Elders and Ruling Elders). Also attending were about 65 Observers – primarily from churches in Washington, Oregon and Idaho that are considering joining the EPC.
Examined and Received:
- Rev. Michael Griffin pending confirmation of dismissal from the PCUSA to be the Pastor of Sierra Presbyterian Church in Nevada City, California.
- Rev. David Goebel and the ReflectionsChurch in Meridian, Idaho received pending dismissal from the PCUSA.
- Rev. Jacob Meadows and the First Presbyterian Church of Bickleton, Washington received conditionally upon dismissal from the PCUSA Presbytery of Central Washington.
- Rev. Ted Broadway and First Presbyterian Church, Davenport, Washington received conditionally upon dismissal from PCUSA Inland Nothwest Presbytery.
- Rev. Bart Garrett and Rev. Jonathan St. Clair and Christ Church, Berkeley, California received conditionally upon dismissal from PCA Northern California Presbytery.
Appointments and Reports:
- Appointed the Presbytery Council to serve as an Administrative Commission to admit churches and their pastors into the presbytery if necessary between stated meetings.
- Heard a report about two well-attended Discovery Workshops (Nov. 7-9, 2011 at First EPC, Kent, Washington and Jan. 23-25, 2012 at Fair Oaks Presbyterian, Sacramento, California). Workshop Coordinator TE Kirk Bottomly also announced the next Workshop will be held Mar. 12-14 at Sunset Presbyterian, Portland, Oregon. A third event will take place in early June, location TBD.
- Heard presentations from three Washington churches (Ephrata Community-Ephrata, Washington, Sequim Community-Sequim, Washington, and Saddlerock- Wenatchee, Washington) describing themselves, their goals, celebrations and challenges.