The Presbytery of Florida met February 10-11 at Church of the Lakes in Lake O Lakes, Florida. Highlights of the meeting included:
- The congregation of New Hope Presbyterian Church, Ft. Myers, Florida was received from the New Wineskins/EPC Transitional Presbytery.
- Having been examined and recommended by the Ministerial Committee (Mike Glodo, chair) Stu Austin and Andy Cornett, associate pastors at New Hope were examined and received.
- Church Development Chair Chris Coppolo reported that a church plant in Wilton Manors has been launched. It is called City Church of Wilton Manors and is led by Phil Letizia. The Presbytery committed $10,000 to this plant in 2012. He also reported that Kirk of the Pines in Abaco, Bahamas, a mission church of St. Andrew’s Kirk of Nassau has about 35 people participating in weekly worship services.
- Senior pastor Matthew Everhard of Faith EPC, Brooksville, Florida reported on Faith’s church plant Providence Church of Spring Hill. It is led by Faith Youth director Greg Gunn.
- Stated Clerk Jeff Jeremiah attended the meeting and provided an update on developments within the EPC since the June 2011 General Assembly.
- Host pastor Woody Johnson preached from Luke 5.17-26 at the Friday night worship and communion service.
- Guy Glass preached on being “sent,” from John 20 on Saturday morning.