Online registration for the 37th General Assembly is now open. The Assembly meets June 20-23 at Fair Oaks Presbyterian Church in Sacramento, Calif. The theme of this year’s annual meeting is “Generation to Generation,” based on Psalm 79:13.
The annual Leadership Institute on Tuesday has 11 tracks this year to help provide resources for building a leadership development culture. Topics include:
- Building a Culture of Generosity
- Building a Philosophy of Youth and Family Ministry
- Leaders Who Matter
- Mobilizing People and Making Ministry Happen
- Multiplying Leaders: Internships and Residency Programs
- Practical Tools for Reaching Muslims in America
- Reaching the Next Generation
- Reclaiming the Joy of Evangelism and Discipleship in the Local Church
- Strategic Church Planting in 21st Century America
- Strengthening the Small Church
- Transformational Family Ministries
The Leadership Institute keynote speaker on Wednesday is Dr. Mark Noll, prolific author and one of the most respected church historians in North America. He will address the topic, “The Reformation: Then and Now,” with sessions on the Reformation as a great blessing and a great problem, putting the Reformation to use today, and a moderated Q&A.
The Thursday keynote speaker is David Kinnaman, President of the Barna Group. He will speak on “Good Faith,” in which he will explore how the Christian community can be a counterculture for the common good in an increasingly hostile society. His discussion also will have a time for moderated Q&A.
The first of five business sessions convenes on Wednesday afternoon, June 21, at 1:30 p.m. Business sessions continue on Thursday at 1:45 p.m. and Friday at 10:30 a.m., 1:45 p.m., and 7:15 p.m. (if needed).
Featured worship service speakers include:
- Kirk Bottomly, Pastor of Fair Oaks Presbyterian Church (Wednesday at 8:30 a.m.)
- Shane Farmer, Pastor of Cherry Hills Community Church in Denver, Colo. (Wednesday at 7:30 p.m.);
- Troy Wilson, Pastor of The Table in San Francisco, Calif. (Thursday at 8:30 a.m.);
- Mike Kuhn, EPC World Outreach global worker and Lecturer in Discipleship and Biblical Theology at Arab Baptist Theological Seminary in Beirut, Lebanon (Thursday at 7:30 p.m.); and
- Scott Griffin, EPC Moderator (Friday at 8:30 a.m.).
Numerous other gatherings are available that cover a wide variety of ministry interests, including Networking Lunches, World Outreach, Women’s Ministry, and more.
For more information, see www.epc.org/ga2017.