Online registration for the 36th General Assembly is now open. The Assembly meets June 21-25 at Ward Church in Northville, Mich. The theme of this year’s annual meeting is “Renewed,” based on Revelation 21:5.
The annual Leadership Institute on Tuesday has 11 tracks this year to help provide resources for building a leadership development culture. Topics include church revitalization, church planting, conflict resolution, effective biblical leadership, pastoral search and succession planning, missionary practices, mentored internships, the leadership ladder, campus ministry, transformational educational ministries, and why the state of pastors should matter to you.
The Leadership Institute keynote speaker on Wednesday is Christopher Yuan, former homosexual and popular conference speaker and author. He will address the topic, “A Christian Response to Homosexuality.”
The Thursday keynote speaker is Juliana Taimoorazy, Founder and President of the Iraqi Christian Relief Council. She will speak on “Refugees and Persecution.”
The first of five business sessions convenes on Wednesday afternoon, June 22, at 3:00 p.m. Business sessions continue on Thursday at 1:45 p.m.; Friday at 10:30 a.m. and 1:45 p.m.; and Saturday at 9:30 a.m.
General Assembly is more than a business meeting, with worship services throughout. Featured worship speakers include:
- Scott McKee, Pastor of Ward EPC in Northville, Mich. (Wednesday at 1:45 p.m.)
- Harvey Carey, Pastor of Citadel of Faith Covenant Church in Detroit (Wednesday at 7:30 p.m.);
- Davi Gomez, Chancellor of Mackenzie Presbyterian University in Brazil (Thursday at 7:30 p.m.);
- Mike Moses, EPC Moderator (Friday at 8:30 a.m.);
- Leighton Ford, former VP for the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (Friday at 7:30 p.m.); and
- Mark Fuller, Pastor of Trinity Presbyterian Church in Plymouth, Mich. (Saturday at 8:30 a.m.).
Numerous other gatherings are available that cover a wide variety of ministry interests, including Networking Lunches, World Outreach, Women’s Ministry, and more.
For complete information, see www.epc.org/ga2016.