For those pastors and others who want to encourage their congregations to pray for the 35th General Assembly in Orlando, here are some suggested areas of emphasis. Thank you for praying!
For all attendees:
- Safe travel.
- Many leaders, particularly pastors, come hurting. Pray that they will find refreshment and healing in the presence of the Lord and in the encouragement of brothers and sisters. Pray that we would minister to each other well. Pray that people will leave encouraged and better equipped for the place of service God has called.
- For fruitful connections to be made with others (new and old) that will further the kingdom of God.
- That the mission God has given the EPC will be clearly understood and wholeheartedly embraced.
For the worship of the Assembly:
- That God would be rightly honored, glorified, and adored.
For the business of the Assembly:
- That God’s presence would be known in the business sessions of the Assembly and that as a body, the commissioners would seek and know God’s wisdom in all the decisions being made.
- That any disagreements over various proposals would be cordial, and that in the end we would know the mind of Christ for the EPC.
For the host church:
- Give thanks for the generosity of First Presbyterian Church Orlando and the hundreds of volunteers and staff serving during the week. Pray that they would know God’s blessing in their service.
- That there would be a spirit of gracious hospitality permeating the week.
- That any logistical issues that arise would be solved with a good and willing spirit in all parties.
For the Assembly staff, leadership, and speakers:
- Pray that the staff would be at peace and have extra resources of strength in the long hours worked.
- That the Stated Clerk, Moderators, and all those presenting the various recommendations would be blessed with discernment and have the right words for the right occasion.
- That all those preaching and presenting workshops would speak words from the Lord fit for the occasion.
What a Blessing! Over 35 years ago we sat together At Ward Presbyterian Church and with God’s plan developed a Vision for a Denomination that would be different but true to God’s Word. It seems like yesterday. Our speakers were Dr D James Kennedy and Francis Schaeffer with his Wife Edith and Son Frank. What a week! An experience that I will never forget.
I do Pray Wisdom and Peace over the 35th GA. May you be Blessed that you may Bless many!
Thank you for the prayer prompters, we will pray at our Session meeting tonight and share with the congregation on Sunday, and with our prayer meeting next Tuesday evening. Grace & Peace to you all and thank you for your hard work to serve us
Amen Lord bless their vision