Online registration for the 35th General Assembly is now open. The Assembly meets June 23-27 at First Presbyterian Church in Orlando, Fla. The theme of this year’s annual meeting is “Arise and Shine,” based on Isaiah 60:1.
New this year is the Leadership Institute, the EPC’s first salvo in building a leadership development culture. Highlights of the Leadership Institute include four afternoon seminars on Tuesday, June 23:
- Lead Like Jesus, led by Rebekah Layton of Cherry Hills Community Church in Denver, Colo.;
- Impact of Leadership on Church Revitalization, led by Ken Priddy, Church Development Director of the Presbytery of the Mid-Atlantic;
- Cultivating a Growing EPC Movement, led by Tom Ricks and the Church Multiplication Team; and
- Six Key Relationships Every Pastor Needs, led by Jimmy Dodd of PastorServe.
The Leadership Institute keynote speaker on Wednesday and Thursday mornings is best-selling author and popular blogger Thom Rainer, President of Lifeway Christian Resources in Nashville, Tenn.
The first of five business sessions convenes on Wednesday afternoon, June 24, at 1:45 p.m. Business sessions continue on Thursday at 1:45 p.m.; Friday at 10:30 a.m. and 1:45 p.m.; and Saturday at 9:30 a.m.
General Assembly is more than a business meeting, and features worship services throughout the week. Featured worship speakers include:
- David Swanson, Pastor of First Presbyterian Church, Orlando (Wednesday at 1:45 p.m.);
- Bishop Claude Alexander Jr., Pastor of The Park Church in Charlotte, N.C. (Wednesday at 7:30 p.m.);
- Phil Linton, EPC Director of World Outreach (Thursday at 7:30 p.m.);
- Gordon Miller, EPC Moderator (Friday at 8:30 a.m.);
- Carmen Fowler LaBerge, President of The Presbyterian Layman (Friday at 7:30 p.m.); and
- Case Thorp, Pastor of Missions and Evangelism of First Presbyterian Church in Orlando (Saturday at 8:30 a.m.).
Numerous other gatherings are available that cover a wide variety of ministry interests, including Networking Lunches, World Outreach, Women’s Ministry, and more. Click here for a complete schedule.
For more information about the 35th General Assembly, see www.epc.org/ga2015.