Retreats and gatherings designed to support and encourage EPC pastors, their spouses, church planters, and other leaders are scheduled for October and November 2023.
“We want our pastors and their spouses to thrive in both life and ministry,” said Annie Rose, EPC Director of Ministerial Support and Development. “The events we have planned for this fall are designed to not only bless those who attend, but also have a lasting impact on their families, congregations, and communities.”
Church Planter Retreat
- Date and Location: October 16-19, Cheyenne Mountain Resort in Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Theme: “Sustain”
- Designed for: All active EPC Church Planters and spouses, as well as local church, Presbytery, and Church Planting Network leaders.
- Synopsis: We will explore ongoing spiritual health and well-being for church plants and church planters. Teaching and discussion groups will cover topics related to active church planters, as well as specific helps for church leaders wanting to begin or grow church planting in their local church, Presbytery, or region.
- Dates and Locations: October 19-20, DoubleTree Phoenix-Tempe, Phoenix, Ariz.; and November 9-10, EPC Office of the General Assembly in Orlando, Fla.
- Designed for: Executive Pastors, Executive Directors, Business Adminstrators, and others in local church operational leadership.
- Guest speaker: David Fletcher, founder of XPastor.org.
- Synopsis: Fletcher will conduct the Thursday morning session. The Thursday afternoon and Friday morning sessions will be roundtable discussions among peers to exchange ideas and offer solutions to current issues.
- Date and Location: October 23-27, Glen Eyrie Castle & Colorado Conference Center in Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Designed for: EPC pastors and their spouses.
- Synopsis: Many pastors are feeling the wear and tear of what leadership has required over the past few years. The goal of this retreat is to provide time and space for participants to rest, connect with others, and receive encouragement from the Lord. We will be led by the excellent Colorado-based staff from PastorServe, who will facilitate our morning large-group sessions and provide care and coaching in the afternoons. Attendees will be together in the mornings but have free time each afternoon. Come be refreshed by the Lord in a beautiful place!
ECO/EPC Small Church Summit
- Date and Location: November 7-9, First Presbyterian Church of San Antonio in San Antonio, Texas.
- Theme: “Lead in Community”
- Synopsis: Those who pastor smaller flocks can feel isolated from other leaders, but we know that the Lord has placed each of us in His body as one of many members. Let’s come together for a time of encouragement and equipping, learning how we can raise up leaders in our churches, and experiencing the grace of doing ministry in community. The summit is free to participants. Cover your transportation and hotel, and we will take care of the rest!
“Registration for these events will open later this summer and be communicated through our normal channels,” Rose said. “Please save the dates for the event that best fits you and your ministry!”