If you have not yet registered for the 43rd General Assembly / Gospel Priorities Summit, June 20-22 at Cherry Hills Community Church in suburban Denver, Colo., don’t delay—the $50 early registration discount ends on May 15.
Consider five reasons why you should register now:
- Equipping: The theme this year is “Sharpen” and as iron sharpens iron, we want to sharpen each other together. Each day will have equipping sessions based on one of our Gospel Priorities (Church Planting, Church Health, Global Movement, and Effective Biblical Leadership). In the past, these concluded by noon on Wednesday. That’s the “Gospel Priorities Summit” this year: equipping and business are integrated in each day’s schedule.
- Business: We convene on Tuesday and adjourn on Thursday. Yes, GA is three days this year instead of four. We want to be good stewards of your time and resources. In addition, the business we will address deserves having as many Commissioners involved as possible. In previous years, much of our important business fell on Friday when many Commissioners had already left.
- Worship and Fellowship: We begin and end each day with a dynamic worship service featuring the Cherry Hills worship team and one of our own EPC pastors bringing a message from God’s Word. As far as fellowship, you will renew friendships with people you may have not seen in a year (or more), plus make new friends who share your commitment to Christ and His church.
- Denver in June: Long, sunny days. Warm—but not too warm—temperatures. Cool evenings. No humidity. Need more? Come early or stay after and enjoy some outdoor activities in the mountains.
- Registration: Early registration ends on Monday, May 15, with a fee of $295 per person. New this year is that the registration fee includes lunch each day, while on-campus dinners Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday are optional at a cost of $30 per person. On May 16 the fee increases to $345 per person. Late registration begins June 15 with a fee of $395 per person. Register early—only those Commissioners who register by May 15 will be placed on a Standing Committee.
For Ruling Elders planning to attend, don’t forget to complete the two-part registration process. Step one is to ensure that your Clerk of Session has completed and submitted the Commissioner Certification Form. To vote at the Assembly, Ruling Elders need certification that their Session has elected them as a Commissioner. Also, be sure they are registered (before May 15).
For more information, including Gospel Priorities Summit speakers, worship service preachers, daily schedules, and to register, click here or go to www.epc.org/ga2023.